Cam Newton is already a big name in the NFL. Now that he is joining the most successful franchise in the league, we are expecting him to become an even bigger name.
Newton was released by the Carolina Panthers earlier this year after some serious injuries took him off of the field for a while. The famous quarterback was unable to find a new team for a couple of months but he is now with the Patriots, hoping to get the starting position now that Tom Brady is no longer with the team.
While we are all aware of Newton’s talent and his eclectic wardrobe, there are some things about the quarterback that many might not know. These are the 10 top things you need to know about this guy if you are a fan of the Patriots:
- He became a vegan in 2019 – his dietary decisions did not affect his health negatively, despite many people believing so.
- Newton graduated from Auburn in 2015 – he earned his degree the same year when he was named NFL MVP.
- Newton grew up in Atlanta – during his time in Westlake High School, he was a five-star prospect.
- He played behind Tim Tebow at Florida – his injury took him out of the game before he went to Auburn.
- Controversy surrounded him at Florida – there were some charges against him for burglary, larceny and obstruction of justice after the alleged theft of a laptop.
- He had a historical year in 2011 – he won the Heisman Trophy, won a national championship and was drafted as the No. 1 overall pick. How amazing is that?!
- Newton is undefeated against the Patriots.
- His father and brother played in the NFL.
- He demolished records his rookie season.
- He’s always made great efforts for his community.
Overall, Newton is an amazing guy. We can’t wait to see him on the field with his new team!